ICube™ Consortium Pte. Ltd
ICube™ Consortium Pte. Ltd is incorporated in February 2011 in Singapore. Its focus in the initial three years was providing exclusive consultancy services in the area of HR re-engineering and Hubbing. Having identified a gap and need for technology driven Human Capital Management (HCM)diagnostic services, ICube™ then bootstrapped and developed its first web enabled HCM diagnostic tool, which was launched in November 2015 in India, Philippines, Mauritius, Malaysia and UK. It has recently received funding for market and product expansion and is on the growth path to expanding its sales footprint and developing new technology driven HCM products and services. Additionally, the company’s first product has been received support both for product development and marketing from the Government of Singapore’s innovation and entrepreneurship arm. Now, ICube™ has also, opened a subsidiary company in India. ICube™ is in the process of carving out its niche in the HCM technology space.
The Founder & MD, along with team of Principal practitioners are a multi – cultural mix of HCM domain experts who have between 20-40 years of HR management experience who have led senior global positions in diverse industries. The board is made up of advisors and directors who are successful entrepreneurs, CEO’s of large organizations and academicians.
With one product already in the market under the ICE Cube™ brand, the Directors would now like to recruit a CTO, based in India to support its product expansion plans. The ideal candidate is a person who is looking for the challenge that a start-up offers and is willing to grow with the company.
The Position – Chief Technology Officer
The CTO is primarily responsible for planning and implementing the company’s short and long term technology projects, and technology based products and services. The incumbent will proactively contribute to product enhancement and new product development.
The incumbent will be responsible for the company’s performance in terms of management of new product development, implementation and execution. This position ordinarily reports to the Founder &MD of ICube.
The role demands creativity and a deep understanding of information technology to support HCM experts convert their ideas into marketable client friendly products. The role also demands well-honed leadership and project management skills to manage internal and external teams to execute and maintain technology driven products. The ideal fit for the role would be an empowered leader with a passion for latest and progressive technology; the experience of executing complex IT development programs; the creativity to contribute to new products from an idea; business development exposure for technology products; and a team player who shares the responsibility of the company’s commitment to deliver quality service to its clients.
The incumbent will need to embrace the challenges that come with being part of a start-up company. The role involves a substantial amount of hands on development work and a willingness to lead by example in ensuring strict adherence to project delivery timelines.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop new products and contribute to enhancing existing technology solutions
- Business development experience of new products will be distinct advantage
- Manage Technology solution delivery
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of projects, within scope and budget
- Assist stakeholders in the definition of project scope and objectives, ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop, monitor and track progress of detailed project plans
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop risk management processes to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Maintain inter-departmental relationships to facilitate effective client servicing
- Build and maintain the reputation of the company as being fair market players
- Strategically build the ICube™ Brand
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines,
- Deliver on the company’s business value proposition
Ongoing management activities
The CTO is required to:
- Conduct, and manage analysis of activities, pipeline, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives within the budgets established.
- Provide oversight and direction for all activities and services related to the book of work.
- Recommend and advise changes in product development plans to ensure efficiency and productivity
- Provide market intelligence of latest technologies to contribute to product enhancement, business development and new product development
- Identify work related challenges and implement appropriate solutions.
- Contribute to product research and development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership like a “technopreneur” ( technology hat with entrepreneurial mindset, working with or has a strong inclination to work with start-ups)
- Technology Operations and strategic planning, including staffing and fiscal management.
- Regular departmental planning and execution for delivery of product objectives.
- Team management including support in hiring talent, implementing staffing strategy, mentoring and development of key team members
- Periodic team and individual performance review
- Periodic performance review and management.
- Analyze and control expenditure of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Demonstrate competence and lead by example in building organization culture and delivering quality service
- Uphold organization’s values and work within its framework
Required Technical Skills
- Proven experience in e-commerce, market place portals- dynamic interactive, continuous development
- Machine Learning algorithms and their implementation is essential
- UX , UI, Customer experience management skills are an added advantage
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools is essential
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Expert programming skills and in depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS; web programming
- Expertise in PHP, ASP.Net, Java Script, Python, Ruby on Rails; other languages that are dynamic and leading to AI
- Deep understanding of web applications including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
Qualification and Other Requirements
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT project management and delivery.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in computer science or a related field from a reputed Technical college
Key Competencies required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical internal and external customers
- People management skills
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Discipline and organized administration skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Business acumen
- Relationship oriented
- This position manages all employees of the function in the country and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that function
- Incumbent is expected to travel as required for the job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change based on the needs of the organization
ICube is a growing startup and believes in adequately rewarding its employees.
The ideal candidate would be offered competitive package that comprises of a fixed pay component and variable pay linked to performance. The participation in the long term incentive scheme would be an option for a worthy candidate
Reports To: Managing Director